Friday 24 January 2014

Remynde me to traunslate sum thynge smal nexte tyme, lyk the DIVYNE COMEDYE

The complaint of Geoffrey Chaucer about translating Bye Bye Miss American Pie into Middle English ...

(La! Thys songe doth go on forevir. Remynde me to traunslate sum thynge smal nexte tyme, lyk the DIVYNE COMEDYE) 8:34 AM - 24 Mar 2013


From Chaucer Doth Tweet more properly speaking from a thread of tweets starting Bye, Bye Englisshe Jakke :

Bye, Bye, Englisshe Jakke of Dover
A traunslacioun unto Middele Englisshe of ye ballade "American Pie".
http://storify.com/njj4/bye-bye-englisshe-jakke-of-dover


A longe longe tyme sithen, and yet yt me remembreth yn what maner that musique was wont to make me smyle.


Credits to Darwin Catholic for leading me to these verses, and hope someone prays for their conversion to creationism ... without ceasing to be Catholic of course!

DarwinCatholic
Where Religion, Philosophy and Demographics Meet
Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Ye Ballade of Mistress American Pie
http://darwincatholic.blogspot.com/2014/01/ye-ballade-of-mistress-american-pie.html


And of course I agree with the Darwinses that a people or any other population that does not reproduce gets extinct. I do not think you will get support for abortion from their side!

Hans-Georg Lundahl
BU Nanterre / Paris X
Sts Musonius, Eugene and Metellus
Martyrs in Mauritania under Decius
24-I-2014

No comments:

Post a Comment