Tuesday 5 January 2016

Carl F. Hostetter on me:


1) HGL's F.B. writings : Disagreeing with Michelle Arnold and an Anonymous Catholic, 2) New blog on the kid : Carl F. Hostetter on me:

Under a status of a Catholic ex-FB friend* whom I "talked" with earlier and who is now denouncing me:

I unfriended him long ago, I don't remember precisely why, but certainly it was in part because I discerned a certain level of bizarreness in his writings that wasn't sufficiently explained by his lack of fluency in English.


Was he in fact attributing to my supposed "lack of fluency in English" (which seems to have become a topos** among certain circles) what he would otherwise have attributed to my "bizarreness"?

Either way, it was a very great idea, if avoiding a confrontation of ideas was his goal, to attribute it to either./HGL

* Here is, in the second part of the link, the talking or mailing:

HGL's F.B. writings : Disagreeing with Michelle Arnold and an Anonymous Catholic
http://hglsfbwritings.blogspot.com/2016/01/disagreeing-with-michelle-arnold-and.html


** Here is a place where this topos makes it to the surface:

HGL's F.B. writings : Ruari McCallion Tries to Make Allowances for my English
http://hglsfbwritings.blogspot.com/2015/11/ruari-mccallion-tries-to-make.html


Update, Carl F. Hostetter TO me (and me to him, first):

HGL
If instead of just reading her version of what happened, you would like to get to the dialogue itself?

No shred of evidence it is my language skills blocking here:

HGL's F.B. writings: Disagreeing with Michelle Arnold and an Anonymous Catholic
http://hglsfbwritings.blogspot.com/2016/01/disagreeing-with-michelle-arnold-and.html
Preview [not from article but from blog foot] : D'abord une lettre à mon curé a St Nicolas du Chardonnet, pas à propos son propre article dans "Le Chardonnet" mais à propos celui d'un dominicain: hglsfbwritings.blogspot.com


CFH
I did read your full exchange, and you treated Prthvi both uncharitably and most strangely. Your point seems to be that Catholics in the US are acting as Protestants if they follow US law in not permitting 14-year-old girls to marry. That is both non-sensical and contrary to Catholic teaching on the observance of a nation's laws. And it is simply bizarre that you think Prthvi's labeling of people in pictures is either suspicious or has anything at all to do with YOU. I urge you to pray and examine your conscience about your conduct.

HGL
No, that was HER interpretation of my point. If you read my work through again, you will find I said Protestants act BETTER than Catholics, and that US law does not require this violation of canon law.

"That is both non-sensical and contrary to Catholic teaching on the observance of a nation's laws."

But look at the real laws:

Age of marriage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_marriage_in_the_United_States
Preview: The age of marriage in the United States varies by state, but is generally 18. There are, however, two exceptions—Nebraska (19) and Mississippi (21). Most states, however, allow minors below 18 to marry (generally they have to be at least 16 but sometimes lower) with parental and/or judicial consent… en.wikipedia.org


Link given and cited in what you claim to have read through!

[I could have also referred him to Arcanum by Leo XIII, which does not exactly state the Church teaches just to folow national law, when it conflicts with Church Law.]

And as we talk of justice and charity, what was it you did talking to her in response to her status?

[linking here:]
http://nov9blogg9.blogspot.fr/2016/01/carl-f-hostetter-on-me.html]

"And it is simply bizarre that you think Prthvi's labeling of people in pictures is either suspicious or has anything at all to do with YOU."

Considering how much actually has so, including your remarks on my English, it is more like a miracle of sanity I dared confess the first inevitable gut reaction. Also, what is your big deal with telling me my first suspicion was wrong, when I already said it was on the post? You've only made my case. I'll pray for you.

FB function:
"you missed a call from Carl F. Hostetter"

[I could thereafter not post:]

HGL
I seem to recall certain Pharisees saying certain things about Our Lord - and Him predicting we should get similar things from them.

FB function:
"This person isn't receiving messages from you right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment