Wednesday 11 October 2017

This Blog is Not About Interior Locutions or Visions


I happened to see part of why Vassula Rydén was excommunicated by Ecumenical Patriarchate - supposing the man claiming the title can excommunicate anyone.

These leaflets were distributed in Orthodox Churches, and clearly give the impression that Vassula Ryden is an Orthodox Christian. But any educated Orthodox Christian reading this should immediately be put on their guard by terms like “locutions” and “interior visions”, because such things are prima facie evidence of what is called in Russian prelest and in Greek plani, that is, spiritual delusion. Such things should immediately be checked with an experienced spiritual elder (starets, geron, gerondissa) before proclaiming them to the world.


I do not know whether Vassula is or is not checking her visions with a spiritual director. I do know, her words are about what she claims to know from prophecy.

Anyone reading this blog should know, I am writing from natural knowledge : as a Christian, as a cultivated Westerner.

If Vassula hears a voice from God saying that Greek Orthodox are Christians, she should perhaps check that with a Roman Catholic priest. I don't mean one from Vatican II establishement.

If I am saying Greek Orthodox are Christians, I am not saying what they are before God and not claiming to know it. I am merely saying that, like the real Christian Church, the Roman Catholic one, they believe Jesus rose from the Dead, they have traditions about who the Four Gospellers were (I am not sure the tradition about St Luke being one of the seventy is right, it does not seem to be shared by the Roman Catholics, but I have also not seen any condemnation of it), and they have a claim of at least material Apostolic Succession (yes, using the distinction of a false Church having real succession in sacramental character, but not jurisdiction, of bishops), like the Eastern Schismatics or Heretics known as Jacobites or Copts, Armenians, and Nestorians, like at least some later Western schismatics, like Utrecht Jansenists, before union with OLd Catholics.

If I am saying Latin nouns and pronouns have, like Latin adjectives, six cases, I am also not comparable to Vassula Rydén, I am simply a student of Latin.

And if I say Latin was used in France like Church Slavonic is used in Serbia or Ukraine or Russia, i e with a pronunciation adapted to the popular language and how it pronounces the words which are the same as the learned one, I am saying this as one knowing what Alcuin meant for Carolingian renaissance.

Anyone who claims anything in this is plani or prelest should concentrate on my arguments, not on asking whether I have visions and am telling them to a spiritual director.

Why am I saying this? Because I have experience with certain shall we say pastoral tricks of certain of them : withholding criticism and "awaiting confession", judging before hearing what it is about (or so it seems from my side), playing around with excommunications.

You know, if I am sure the world was made not many hours before Adam and Eve, 7200 or 7500 years ago, I am also not having this from visions, but from Mark 10:6, from the Roman Catholic Latin Rite Christmas liturgy with chronology of St. Jerome, from - for the other number - the chronology of Georgius Syncellus.

Human knowledge and human logic does not need constant checkups from spiritual directors, and does also not need spiritual warnings, like the one involved in coincidence with previous post, where the first digits in first draft, those of the post ID, were three consecutive sixes. And by human, I do not mean human as in human against God, I mean human as in humanly normal recipient of Church doctrine, a human believer, not a prophet or a charismatic.

There is one thing about prophecy which makes it look very mean to me that anyone would dream of asking whether I am a real or a fake one. A real prophet must take no money for his prophecy. If my writing were prophecy, I would have no right to take one cent for it. It is not, and I do have this right.

And, in case someone thinks "oh, why did he make that association, we did not think such a thing at all about him", silence and turning the back is mental torture. It leaves one guessing what the other guy is really up to. I may have guessed wrong about this or that or other guy. Someone might think it is even superstitious of me to take a triple six coincidence as a spiritual warning from someone. But if I am guessing wrong about EVERYONE, how come those who could have talked to me about the arguments have persisted in engaging in silence, how come those who could have helped me make money from my learning and talent as debater and philosopher have instead engaged in ... not replying when I bring this up?

I could have been off the street years ago, as a writer and composer, if certain people had made commercial editions of selections of my writings.

I am instead faced with loneliness, "reassuring" faces but hardly any argument on topics I relish from those that do get around me (some exceptions, not many), and of course poverty. What I want is not someone showing "reassuring". What I want is ... socially ... discussions ... economically ... printing and selling my "blogs"* or playing for paying public my composition.

I also think this coming up of Vassula Rydén is significant, because I am a Swede. I am her countryman. I have been attacked by shrinks in our country. I have also been faced with one or two (among them perhaps, but my memory is not sure there) either one or two Orthodox or (more sure) at least someone knowing them, on helgon.net. I am not Vassula Rydén, I don't know what to think of her excommunication, I have no need of being compared to her in terms of what above quote**.

Similarily, if someone thinks I am wrong on any more controversial topic, like my identifying Göbekli Tepe with Nimrod's Babel, I want this person to talk to me, not to talk to God about "correcting me" without ever confronting me himself. There was a thing St. John Chrysostom said about excommunicating lightly. I would consider certain priests (not humanly totally sure who, but not much in doubt either) to be playing around with such games when they would in a more normal pastoral been arguing instead.

I know that Russian Orthodox Church was psychiatry friendly before the Revolution, and now consider this to be an error of Russia, among the ones which Our Lady prophecied at Fatima, hundred years ago. I also know both Trad Catholic priests and simply diocesan but Vatican II ones are, not just more psychiatry friendly statistically than they should be, but also more ecumenic with Russian Orthodox than they would normally have been 100 years ago. I therefore think it is possible for shrinks to persecute me socially via Russian Orthodox, and for Russian Orthodox to do so via Catholic clergy here. There are also Catholic clergy here who have taken to a nutty idea from some War veterans of Afghanistan : the idea that Fundamentalism in general, as approach to religious texts, including the Bible, is what is behind the terrorist threat. And yes, I recently approached one or two of them with a YEC material, the one given in previous post, in French. So, if excommunication as a toy and an insincere menace is their game, well, they would have a motive.

Hans Georg Lundahl
Nanterre UL
Maternity of the Blessed Virgin
11.X.2017

Here is this previous post, its post ID has no three sixes now any more, I made a new draft:

New blog on the kid : Publié en ligne, imprimable, à partir de ce blog ci, sur les limites de la récalibration de C14
http://nov9blogg9.blogspot.com/2017/10/publie-en-ligne-imprimable-partir-de-ce.html


* Technically wrong. Blogposts, not blogs. No one blog, except perhaps some few very short ones, could as such be a book : several blogposts from several different ones would certainly be able to be several books. ** From this blog : and this blogpost here:

Khanya : Bad theology: Vassula Ryden and Benny Hinn
19 March 2011
https://khanya.wordpress.com/2011/03/19/bad-theology-vassula-ryden-and-benny-hinn/

No comments:

Post a Comment