- Why does reading the Quran actually help me in my deconversion from Christianity and religion in general?
- C on Q
- I’ve been struggling for years to fully free myself from Christianity. Instead of reading the bible to get over the bible, I read some of the Quran today and noticed my religious indoctrination start to fade.
*I’m not shifting toward Islam…at all.
- Hans-Georg Lundahl
- Studied religions as curious parallels and contrasts to Xtian faith since 9, 10?
- Answered just now
- I have no idea why you would be reading the Quran as an example of religious texts.
Like Book of Mormon, Bhagavadgita, Hesiod’s Theogony and Numa Pompilius’ revelations from Egeria about how to do diverse types of superstition, it is purporting to be received from one spiritual entity by one man (Joseph Smith, Arjuna, Hesiod and Numa Pompilius).
Unlike most of Bible, Iliad and Odyssey, and Mahabharata and Ramayana it is not even pruporting to be a series of events observed by people concerned in a community being able to check and double check at least the external events.
I think Iliad and Odyssey, in somewhat less degree Mahabharata and Ramayana can stand as histories of what really happened, even from a Christian view.
And if you approach Gospels and Exodus and Genesis with this in view, I think you will find something which is very reliable and can help to boost your Christianity - unless you are totally decided to ditch it whatever the arguments could be!
- Fatima - Bad News and Good News - the latter provi...
- Panthéisme ? Non. Trinité ? Oui.
- Do not support World Childhood Foundation!
- Hans-Georg Gadamer was of the "Frankfurter Schule"? - get Inklings for me please!
- A Relevant Quote from J. R. R. Tolkien
- Sur le concept de l'ésotérique et sur les sociétés secrètes
- In Case Someone Thinks I am Preaching ...
- Would Gay Marriage Allow them an Authentic Life?
- Malfaisance de "Sécurité"
- Have I Done Ill Speaking Against the Real Pope a F...
- Drodzy Polacy - i Rosjanie itd.
- Vatican in Exile : Calendar and Marian Anthems
- Code ASCII et James Bond