Saturday 24 June 2023

Paris, I'm Back


Creation vs. Evolution: I heard my mother died · New blog on the kid: Paris, I'm Back · I am the resurrection and the life: he that believeth in me, although he be dead, shall live · Who Respected the Mother? · I have never regretted being Christian

Arrived the TGV that departed 15:12 from Lilles-Flandres, arrived c. 16:14.

I have been absent from Paris since 6.VI, after checking some things in the mail box at the salvation army, and doing some cleaning up before leaving, and from France since 7.VI, arriving in charming Tournai in the evening. Yesterday I found it bad to get through Tournai, so I took Courtrai, only to find it was also in Belgium, contrary to my hazed memory. This morning, I took Courtrai Lille, paying a half price I had no right to and profiting from a hurried or benevolent bus driver, and arrived in Lille. I found the post office open, so I took out money, it turns out it was sufficient for the ticket.

I paid full price, not too expensive, a price that reminds me of mother's birth.

My production on the internet has been low 6.VI to today, some of it has been preprogrammed since before (Corpus Christi, Sacred Heart, the Sunday between), and some real shorties were written while I was on the trip.

If some thought they were giving me a vacation from writing on the internet, my vacation has been more exhausting than my work, in times, especially between 12.VI arrival in Hamburg or especially next day, and when I arrived in a place where I had a friend (will ask his permission to link to a video of his). That would have been Wednesday, so 21.VI. Some kinds of things are better done when one is a child with ones mother or when one is hopeful and relatively undecided and has a good singing voice, at 35 / 36, than when one has one's decisions made up, most of the time, is 54 going on 55, alone, less hopeful, with a singing voice ruined by colds and sometimes throataches and bronchitis. Leaving to hitchhike and walk, without sufficient resources in advance, is one of them. It can be added, ma and me were not huge fans of doing it in North Germany either. Belgium is OK, as the hitchhike to Oostende when going to England in 78 makes it seem, and also my memories from this trip. Still, after North Germany, I was too exhausted and stressed to enjoy Belgium on the return journey. There are noble people there and my friend mentioned is one of them./HGL

No comments:

Post a Comment