HGL's F.B. writings : 1) Marital Age and Teen Abortions ; 2) Previous Continued ; Correspondence of Hans Georg Lundahl : 3) Continuing with BG, trying to bring in history, getting a few dialogues on moral issues. ; New blog on the kid : Are Satanists Very Moral?
I read a story by Matthew Lysiak (related to Hilda Lysiak, also a reporter).
As she calmly discusses what led her to the jail cell, she is handcuffed, dressed in an orange jumpsuit and sitting on a hard plastic chair in a small high-security visitation room at the Muncy Department of Corrections in central Pennsylvania. She is 19 but seems years younger, has a warm smile and speaks in a quiet, calm voice, just above a whisper. “People think I’m a monster, but I’ve done a lot of good.” She claims her murders spared “hundreds” of young girls from abuse. “The justice system doesn’t work, so I did what I did.”
That’s why she believes LaFerrara deserved to die. The 42-year-old electrical engineer from the small town of Port Trevorton, Pa., answered a Craigslist ad Miranda posted promising “companionship” in exchange for $100. On November 11, they met for the first time in her car in the parking lot of the Susquehanna Valley Mall. Hiding under a blanket in the backseat was her husband of just three weeks, Elytte Barbour.
Their plan was simple. As soon as Miranda said the code words “Did you see the stars tonight?” Elytte would leap from the backseat with a cord, wrap it around LaFerrara’s neck and choke him to death. But first, Miranda says, she wanted to give LaFerrara an out, so she told him she had lied about her age, that she had just turned 16. If he had done the right thing at that moment, she says, he would still be alive. “Instead, he told me that it was OK.” He still wanted to have sex with her.
She says she joined a satanic cult at the age of 12: “I kind of slid into it. But they weren’t just into Satan, there were into hating minorities too.” She insists Satanism has been a positive influence in her life and helped her harness that darkness inside of her—most of the time. “I worship a dark entity,” she explains, “but just because it is dark doesn’t mean that it is bad.”
- She is a Satanist or former such without really regretting that past.
- She believed a man who wanted sex with a 16 year old girl deserved to die, because that is in her book child abuse.
- She trapped a man, not telling him she was married.
- Nevertheless, she is more moral than modern society, since this suspicious and hate was in her case provoked by having been molested for real : if she cannot deal with a man wanting sex with a 16 year old girl, it's not just rumours about what "pedophilia" (that useless since ambiguous word) means, it is also a trauma, she has an experience which does not quite allow her to think it all over dispassionately.
- She is also somewhat kinder, insofar as she did not torture her victims. Shrinks and police, dealing with a man they consider pedophile (again, useless word, since ambiguous, and often misapplied even in the most innocent meaning that modern society turns into a guilt, through association with other meanings), can rob someone of years of his life. And they too can think normal justice doesn't work, they have to trap someone.
Does this mean she is a good person?
It means modern society is madder than she. She is a nearly sane parody of what society is doing these days.
To Christians who support that ideology, it should come as a warning signal that she was into Satanism. What are they into?
Some seem to think they can pacify an agressive world, angry about "pedophile priest scandals" by showing a total hysteria about anyone and anything that can be labelled "pedophile", even if not immoral in Catholic teaching.
Hans Georg Lundahl
Nanterre University Library
St Vincent Martyr