Saturday 7 October 2023

Unjust Boycott from Sedes?


The guess I just made hinges on another guess, one which involves me being the person spoken about, even if not mentioned as such, on this video. They are free to confirm, deny or leave the question aside, for now. Here is anyway one video with my comments to it:

Father Appelhanz: The World of Unreality
Catholic Family Podcast, 10 Sept. 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em_BiuvBplM


0:27 So far, very like books.

1:56 There is a big difference between being trapped in unreality due to liberal media brainwashing (these include state run schools over and above including most big TV channels and lots of internet content).

The problem is not specific to internet.

2:57 "entirely inundated with impurity"

No. It's like saying "Paris is entirely inundated with impurity" ... there is a certain neighbourhood which I know is so inundated, but that does not mean you cannot stroll from Maubert Mutualité to St. Nicolas du Chardonnet or from Poissonnière to Rue Bleue without crossing a brothel.

3:44 I get what an unnecessary occasion of sin is, and that it is at least a sin.

Whether it is mortal or venial, I am not sure.

But I tend to guess what this is leading up to.

"Going on the internet" is an occasion of sin, therefore the occasion has to be rationed in proportion to actual needs.

That's like saying "living in Paris" is an occasion of sin and so on.

The "impurity is everywhere" is simply an exaggeration, a piece of rhetoric.

The point is, the occasions for sin are very much more circumscribed than all of going on internet or all of living in Paris.

4:32 "gravely immodest imagery pops up"

Does it?

I don't know about TikTok.

I do know that some female styles of clothing would be deemable "gravely immodest" for a Catholic priest to engage with, simply because celibacy builds up a higher tension, while it may not be so for a layman. If that was what you were referring to. I also note, certain commercials, I quickly scroll the screen up, so as to see only the lowest part to not miss the "skip ad" button. That's a way to avoid certain temptations too.

5:16 I currently own neither computer nor phone, and do not plan to own one in my house either.

I access internet via cybers or libraries.

5:58 Thankfully, I have never been into video games.

6:31 Whether the mass shootings have to do with video games or not, putting all of the internet as culprit for that "unreality" (if that's the problem) because video games are on the internet, is like an anti-gun lobbyist after a shooting inculpating all of Paris, just because there are gunshops in this city.

"it's only one factor, but cannot be simply counted out"

How about not counting out the main factors?

  • School compulsion keeping people in social situations where they are either bullied or bullies or both in turn
  • an age for marriage so high that years of a very high potential for passion are blocked from the solution shown in I Corinthians 7:9.


In the Middle Ages, marrying at 17 or even 16 was median age for the first marriage of a girl. In early Modern Ages, it rose so 16 in at least the Germanies became the lower quartile instead, which had been 14 or even 13.

Part of the turning was a lot of Habsburg marriages, involving protracted negotiations to get papal dispensation for marrying fairly close relatives (basically anything allowed in the law of Moses, up to Charles II of Spain). Part of the turning was the budding Prussian dynasty, with a mad father here and lots of daughters to marry off there, and protracted negotiations about returning to Catholicism or not there ....

For males, up to fairly recently, most were not in school up to age 18, and those who were were not distracted by female company. They were in lots better positions to actually prepare marriage.

7:05 I can assure you, I spend less time scrolling, than watching videos, stopping them ever half minute and commenting in detail.

I can also mention, some of my best discoveries have been made thanks to scrolling.

A morning around 3 or 4 am, I found a video by Dan Davies, thanks to which I know that the cannibals of Fontbrégua cave in France left it empty of further illdeeds in (obviously carbon dated) 4000 BC. This is interesting, since this would be when Abraham was c. 7 or 8 years old, according to my tables. When Sarug had taught him to pray, one of the first things that happened is Fontbrégua being freed of that human but oh so inhuman infestation. Sure, another cave seems to have started cannibalism back then, but it was further off. Both from the Holy Land and from central Europe, as it was in Spain.

7:22 most of my useful activities, like publishing articles, is done on the internet.

The problem you refer to might be more common for those who scroll social media on phones, since that leaves less room for reading in detail or replying in long and detailed answers.

9:02 "Almighty God will give us the strength to make any sacrifice"

Did you mean "any sacrifice needed" or "any sacrifice likely to be fruitful"?

Or did you just mean "any sacrifice"? Some sacrifices aren't good, you know.

Sacrificing your self confidence to the imprimatur of a book by Rev. Rudolph Banda would be a bad sacrifice.

9:10 "able to cope with the real world"

I think this is not from the Bible, nor from the Church Fathers.

I think this is from some psychological or psychiatric pundit.

Those should be shunned (except when visited to for them to be refuted) like other sources of error.

"losing touch with reality"

Dito.

9:22 I have fortunately never scrolled on a phone.

I can however say with confidence that what you are saying about the internet has been said about books, or about books other than those of instruction, too.

10:22 While I have never done Sims, I can hardly see a great involvement in Sims as per se prone to help apostasy.

Decorate your virtual property over and over again, when you get a real house, you will know how you want it to look.

If you do not get a real house or apartment, perhaps it's more because of poverty than because of the rise of the internet.

Look up how old someone was on average in the 1950's when getting a house or a flat, and look up how old people are now. Dito for how many buy houses and how many only rent flats.

10:58 In my present situation, I am not likely to gain time for happy spent "time together" proportionately to what I give up on the internet.

If you want to change my situation, I have 10 000 + posts on my blogs, how about checking what you could publish, earn money on and allow me to earn money on, rather than making slurs about my attitude to the Old Earth untraditional positions, trying to portray me as someone imprudently rushing into dogmatising my own opinion without any rational argument because it is my opinion.

If you have real arguments for my opinion being wrong, how about threshing these out in the comment section?

In some places, I referred to another video, and this brings me to that one and my comments to early minutes thereof:

Creation and Evolution
Catholic Family Podcast, 6 Oct. 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVvkGGgY6ao


0:49 "pretty much he said what you are allowed to believe and what you aren't"

Not totally, no. If he stated that the Biblicist is not free to promote theories that go counter to "established science" and basically argued that the Biblicist couldn't argue from Genesis 5 and 11 (based on no less an authority than the Assyriologist and Anglican heretic Archibald Sayce (did you bother to look him up?), he was forbidding things that are per se not forbidden.

"You are free to believe the Roman martyrology, but you cannot argue Genesis V LXX adds up to 2242 years from Creation to Flood, and you cannot argue Genesis 11 LXX text version without the second Cainan adds up to 942 years from the Flood to the birth of Abraham" does not make sense.

1:00 In 1941, Pius XII made a faux pas in saying (not in an encyclical, but an allocution to the academy of sciences, I think) that if Adam had biological ancestry, the two progenitors would not be true parents.

That's two years before the imprimatur for Bandas.

Why is that bad?

On the one hand, it avoids a position that's now fairly popular in Novus Ordo's of a certain type : Adam and Eve were not the first human couple simpliciter, their special position, if they even existed, is to be explained some other way. Look up Jimmy Akin if you want a convuluted view on that one. His avoiding that is of course good.

But a human being growing up among beasts (and that is what the position he allowed adds up to) makes God a severe child molestor against Adam. I see a connexion between this severe lack of vigilance (supposing he retained the faith and remained Pope) and the early upsurge in child molesting priests in the 40's. Not yet as massive as 60's and 70's, but still bad enough. What connexion? Romans 1 should inform you. Priests who believed a baby Adam was human but raised by non-human, biological only progenitors were worshipping a false God, and the real God gave them up to their most depraved impulses.

1:10 There is a difference between "an opinion" and a theologically well founded opinion, which has threshed through the alternatives and seen the slag as slag before sifting it away.

That latter is what I claim for my so called "opinion" ...

I claim Adam having non-human progenitors is, today, the equivalent of "Christotokos, not Theotokos" in Constantinople just when Nestorius had said it, i e before those calling him a heretic had any council on their side. So the one opinion that Pius XII held the door open for in Humani Generis was heresy. Or worse.

I claim that given how carbon dating works, the one way to have Adam before all skeleta like Homo erectus or Heidelbergensis or Neanderthals or Denisovans or early Homo sapiens is to have a young earth, besides that putting Adam 750 000 years back in time, to make him their ancestor anyway would:
  • make total havoc of historicity of Genesis 3
  • therefore of Genesis 3:15
  • therefore of Mariology and Soteriology
besides meaning pretty much that God abandoned humanity for 100's of 1000's of years. §3 of Dei Verbum is dogmatic truth, not becauise of Vatican II, but as resuming earlier teaching, and it is in stark conflict with such a thesis.

1:23 If what I believe to be true is wrong, it is incumbent on you to give better reasons for it than Rudolph Bandas copying the Anglican heretic Archibald Sayce in his idiotic view of Semitic genealogies.

That's a very big if, since what I believe to be true has not just the obvious sense of the Bible, but also all Church Fathers who spoke on the subject for it.

It's not a question of telling me to "calm down" instead of giving actual arguments.

1:44 Asking for humility is not a substitute for argument.

Least of all for solid argument which has so far been solidly absent from Bandas' words on Genesis 5 and 11.

In fact, the insistence that whoever is disagreeing with you is simply rushing off without thinking can be taken two ways:

  • you are sold hook, line and sinker to the view of Bandas (mixed metaphors, I know)
  • OR you pretend to have some kind of information about me.


Are you aware, if the latter is the case, that a Swedish shrink would call me out for taking my opinions as fact on items like believing Jesus rose from the dead or founded the Catholic Church?

So, if that's the case, you may be participating in a Commie like persecution of a Catholic. Helping my enemies who are also enemies of the faith, to keep me out of the debate, because I am Catholic.

Did you enjoy this post, which features videos and my comments under them (with time stamps)? If you do, there is more of it on:

Assorted retorts from yahoo boards and elsewhere
http://assortedretorts.blogspot.com/


Posts alluded to:

Fontbrégoua:
Assorted retorts from yahoo boards and elsewhere : Abraham Ended Evil Cannibals
https://assortedretorts.blogspot.com/2023/02/abraham-ended-evil-cannibals.html


Medieval marital ages:
Φιλολoγικά/Philologica : Daughters of Joan of Ponthieu, Dame of Epernon
https://filolohika.blogspot.com/2023/10/daughters-of-joan-of-ponthieu-dame-of.html


Modern Ages marital ages:
Φιλολoγικά/Philologica : Mainly Daughters of Blanche I of Navarre, Queen of Sicily
https://filolohika.blogspot.com/2023/10/mainly-daughters-of-blanche-i-of.html

No comments:

Post a Comment