New blog on the kid : A Yogi was Very Sure of "Science" · Assorted retorts from yahoo boards and elsewhere : Two Quorans answering "What is the best answer to someone who says the universe is only 6,000 years old?" (quora, obviously) · New blog on the kid : An Unpleasant Debate with a Scandinavian · Assorted retorts from yahoo boards and elsewhere : Other Answers, Where I do Arguing on Matters Not Persons, Crossing words with Iñaki Rodriguez under Two Answers
- What is the best answer to someone who says the universe is only 6,000 years old?
- Jacqueline van der Voort
- Therapist, Mother, Freeish Thinker, yoga teacher, meditator
- Written Sun
- Erm, well, I don't see the question they're asking? If someone says that the universe is 6000 years old, then I am not going to waste my and their time by starting to argue their conviction. Choose your battles, and this one you're not going to win unless it really _is_ posed as a question, i.e. coming from someone who genuinely wants to know more. Then you can pull some science out of the bag. If it's a conviction, just give it up; they likely have a lot invested in their 6000 year old universe, I mean, if this person has the capacity to ignore _science_ in order to protect their investment, then they have the capacity to ignore every single word you say, in fact, ignoring you is their greatest talent.
- The author has disabled comments for this answer.
- Mine on that one:
- so the yoga teacher has so chosen to ignore evidence from YECs that she will not even take comments ...
- my own on same one plus some possible debate where I commented under other answers is upcoming, I hope.
I tried to notify her by sending her a link here in a PM, but she was not taking PM's either, at least I found no button for doing so. She is however a hypnotherapist from Haag university (Haagse Hoogschool) and lives in London.