Wednesday 1 March 2017

I sometimes get funny questions on quora


Q
What kind of a group is it? Close-knit or diffused? What role does the Buddhist priest/leader play?
https://www.quora.com/What-kind-of-a-group-is-it-Close-knit-or-diffused-What-role-does-the-Buddhist-priest-leader-play/answer/Hans-Georg-Lundahl

ARq
Answer requested by Paulina Srbinovski

Hans-Georg Lundahl
Studied religions as curious parallels and contrasts to Xtian faith since 9, 10?
Written just now
Paulina Srbinovski, why are you posing this question to me?

I am not in any group with a Buddhist leader or Bonze (Buddhists don’t have priests, their Bonzes are more like Monks, their Lamas are more like Abbots or Higumens).

At least not that I am aware of.

Some group could have such characteristics and be posing as having me for a member behind my back.

Then YOU are the person who should tell ME about the group.

Since you are unsure about such details as you asked about, you should especially tell me why exactly you think there is one in the first place.

I am a Roman Catholic. I converted from Protestantism in my teens, I have since gone from conservative to more and more Traditional, and I am not tempted even by Buddhism.

By the way, why Paulina Srbinovsk-I and not Paulina Srbinovsk-A or Srbinovsk-AJA?

Do you live in a non-Slav country? “Madame Blavatsky” was of course a Blavatskaja - except in England and France, where they didn’t bother about Slavonic language customs on female surnames.


We'll see if she answers.

Her behaviour reminds me of a Soviet Psychiatrist trying to catch a patient off guard.

Supposing I had been in the kind of group she imagined, and supposing I had been very exhausted when seeing the question, I might have said something uncautiously. Caution not being the virtue best lived out when one is very tired.

As a matter of fact, I am not part of such a kind of group, and I also had a fairly good night's sleep. Decent hydration and caffeination.

Will people like she and her network continue to machinate on one hand for me to be often (though not always) exhausted and on the other hand for people like herself to pose such stupid questions, time after time?

I really don't know.

Hans Georg Lundahl
Nanterre UL
Ash Wednesday
1.III.2017

No comments:

Post a Comment