Sunday 24 September 2023

Angry Atheists ...


Angry Atheists ... · So, Angry Atheists Who Were Not Raised As Believers ?

On a FB wall by a man who was into Emma Thorne's interview with Tim Mills, I found a meme complaining - in the name of an "average" atheist of having been brainwashed as a child.

I am a Swede.

I am 55. My maternal grandparents were non-believers, born respectively 1900 and 1911.

My situation in this respect is far from unique, though the paternal side of the grandparents were more believing - at least the female half.

I have seen Swedes very angrily diss Christianity and when I asked "why do you diss your ancestors" they will claim none of theirs were believers.

Which is nonsense, but shows that there is at least a few generations since the last believer in their own lineage.

If Feli from Germany and her brother are unbelievers, they were not the first generation, so were her parents.

So, no, I don't think the idea of having been deluded when one was a child is what is really bothering them about Christianity. In many places of the world, the average atheist, including the average angry atheist, simply is not an ex-believer of Christianity.

I have seen Emma Thorne complain with very much less anger, very much more grace, about having been raised with conspiracy theories about chem trails.

And I have above all seen lots of Swedish atheist much angrier without that reason. Something else is going on, and it could be ultimately and even nearly immediately demonic./HGL

1 comment: