Monday 18 December 2023

Two Tolkien Related Links


A video not for everybody (as the videast also says at the end), here:

The Top 4 Mature/Uncomfortable Scenes in Tolkien’s Middle-Earth
Tolkien Lore | 18 Dec. 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIO1R2FrxhA


An art calendar, in German and English, Tolkien related:

Mysteries of Westernesse Calendar 2024
[Mythen aus Westernis Kalender 2024]
https://shop.mythenauswesternis.de/en


Art calendars, and quote calendars (a medium I have proposed as an intro for my own work to the neighbourhood), are a big thing in the Germanies.

It was one of these in Austria I learned that the week really isn't Monday to Sunday, but Sunday to Saturday. I had been taught different in the school in Sweden. So, next year's week one will have 6 days (Monday to Saturday) in England and the Germanies, but will end one day later in Sweden and therefore have 7 days (unless they changed it since I was small).

I recall one of those calendars as in Italian (one of the four languages of Switzerland) and a German one involving recipes. I also recall a Tolkien related calendar in the home of a host, a US soldier stationed in Germany who hosted ma and me during a court trial./HGL

PS, it seems the calendar is made by someone considering the week as Monday from Sunday, perhaps that is the standard in Germany, as opposed to Austria?/HGL

No comments:

Post a Comment