Thursday 13 February 2020

Will they Visit Westeros in Sweden?


I am not a fan of Game of Thrones, as its author GRRM is on record as having stated he considered JRRT less thoughtful as to description of society, specifically monarchy.

However, this does not mean I hate everyone who starred in that TV series, and it seems an actress having played "Sansa Stark" (nearly equates to the Swedish phrase "sansad, stark" meaning sensible or steady and strong) is now expecting.

PW : What the Westeros: Sophie Turner & Joe Jonas Are Reportedly Expecting Their 1st Child
By Lex Goodman | Febr. 12, 2020 | 10:00 AM
https://www.purewow.com/news/sophie-turner-pregnant-joe-jonas


Now, Westeros is exactly how I would spell "Vesterås" or "Västerås" if I had to anglify the spelling. Before you go off stating the Swedish pronunciation indicates an initial "v" and not "w", I advise that any "v" or "hv" in Swedish as opposed to fv and in certain other positions f, is originally and still in some few dialects pronounced "w".

This makes "Västerås, Koordinater: 59°37′2″N 16°32′32″Ö" something to visit if you pass by Sweden and are fan or connected to the Game of Thrones series. I'm not sure Sophie Turner & Joe Jonas are fans, but they certainly are connected to it.

However, get out of Sweden before childbirth! Gynaecologists are regularly also abortionists and child welfare is horrible. If they tell me here "Suède, c'est un beau pays" I agree. But if they say "c'est un bon pays" I feel less cordial about it.

Hans Georg Lundahl
Nanterre UL
St. Stephen of Lyons
13.II.2020

Antiochiae natalis sancti Agabi Prophetae, de quo beatus Lucas in Actibus Apostolicis scribit. ... Lugduni, in Gallia, sancti Stephani, Episcopi et Confessoris.

No comments:

Post a Comment