Monday 29 March 2021

Some Think Me Abnormal?


I had someone speak to me on that issue a few days ago. I was not shocked that he mentioned some people think me mad, we were talking in a place with lots of both Jews and Muslims, and both communities are known to favour mental diagnoses more than Catholics traditionally do. Not saying who of the three would be most culpable right now. I would however be shocked or more like grieved if he was some kind of shrink who took this as an acceptance of a mental diagnosis and submitting me to measures following from such an evil thing.

But whether it comes to my luggage or other things, some people do underestimate my capacity to handle my situation rationally or underestimate how I use it.

  • If anyone thinks my medieval hood is a woman's clothing, see this video:

    How did Knights dress when they weren't in battle?
    29th June 2018 | Modern History TV
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8rMlwIEu_0


    While my knitted version is somewhat less sober, it is a knitted version of what he is wearing on shoulders and around the neck. And it is in fact good when sleeping outdoors at night. It's not bad at day when a cold wind gust arises either.

  • If anyone thinks the normal thing for me to do after being homeless is to look for a very modest job, I have a study debt for 9 terms of fulltime studies, it is supposed to be paid back by my 55th birthday, I'm 52. It is in today's value, what's left of it, since I paid back some in 2012, slightly short of 40 000 €. Let's do a dive back in time before that, to when I was 40. SMIC means minimum wage.

    55 - 40 = 15 years. 15 * 12 = 180 months. 40 000 / 180 = 222 € per month. 1 539,42 € SMIC - 222 = 1317. This is what I would have left for a full time job. But that would have meant not writing. Inacceptable. What about half time? 1 539,42 € SMIC/2 - 222 = 547.5 €. This is less than I need for a decent place to stay, unless I plan to live alone. No possibility to marry without changing station. No possibility to get relatives living with me. Also inacceptable. I'd be, either way, worse off than I have been by living in the streets.

    With 55 - 52 = 3 years left, if I had started in September, we get a five times higher strain : 1 539,42 € SMIC - 1110 = 429 €, definitely less than a good place to stay. Impossible with half time. Also irrational to do with my situation. Earning money, and more than the SMIC, is possible with perhaps slightly short of 9000 articles, biggest number in English, second biggest number in French, on my blogs.

    Also, if I haven't paid the debt at 55, it's written off, cancelled, at least that is true for the largest parts, the study loans taken 87-88 and 90-93. It may not be true for the last part, autumn term 2003.

  • If anyone thinks it is abnormal for my to be a Catholic and a Creationist at one and the same time, check out Catholic literature from before 1830 and even up to 1894. Especially, St. Thomas Aquinas, de opere sex dierum, in the Summa part I, articles 65 to 74*. Or C. F. Keil, Biblischer Commentar über die Bücher Mose's, Leipzig, 1866 and the others up to G. J. Burg, Biblische Chronologie, Trèves (Trier), 1894 enumerated in Les Prédécesseurs catholiques de Henry Morris (jusqu'à 1920). Or the Catechism of the Council of Trent, or St. Augustine's De Civitate Dei** Specifically books about Adam's fall, how mankind with an unfallen Adam would have been, Cain and Abel to Deluge, Noah to Abraham, also known as books 13 to 16.

  • If anyone thinks it's irrational of me to be a Christian and believe in "pagan myths" (more like heroic legend), check beginning of De Civitate.

    There are histories of numberless wars, both before the building of Rome and since its rise and the extension of its dominion; let these be read, and let one instance be cited in which, when a city had been taken by foreigners, the victors spared those who were found to have fled for sanctuary to the temples of their gods; [The Benedictines remind us that Alexander and Xenophon, at least on some occasions, did so.] or one instance in which a barbarian general gave orders that none should be put to the sword who had been found in this or that temple. Did not Æneas see

    Dying Priam at the shrine,
    Staining the hearth he made divine?
    Virgil, Æneid, 2:201-2. The renderings of Virgil are from Conington.


    Did not Diomede and Ulysses

    Drag with red hands, the sentry slain,
    Her fateful image from your fane,
    Her chaste locks touch, and stain with gore
    The virgin coronal she wore?
    Virgil, Æneid, 2:266.


    Neither is that true which follows, that

    Thenceforth the tide of fortune changed,
    And Greece grew weak.
    Virgil, Æneid, 2:266.


    For after this they conquered and destroyed Troy with fire and sword; after this they beheaded Priam as he fled to the altars. Neither did Troy perish because it lost Minerva. For what had Minerva herself first lost, that she should perish? Her guards perhaps? No doubt; just her guards. For as soon as they were slain, she could be stolen. It was not, in fact, the men who were preserved by the image, but the image by the men. How, then, was she invoked to defend the city and the citizens, she who could not defend her own defenders?


    Or the Church Father who said "Hercules was a strong man, not a god".

  • If anyone thinks it's irrational of me to "pretend to be a prophet" and still want to earn money "from my prophecy", or to "pretend to be a monk" and still want to marry, do check out where and how and to whom I am supposed to have pretended to be a prophet or a monk. I do for instance not have to be considered the equivalent of a monk just because in 1999 or early 2000 I got a no from a monastery I tried to enter.

  • If anyone pretends I am too left wing to be taken seriously by right wing publishers, how about checking if I am too right wing to be taken seriously (other than as something to vomit) by left wing publishers? Start to look. I said homosexuals could marry, but I didn't say men could marry men or women women. I subscribe to trade unionist vindications, like maintaining a work week of 35 hours, but not to women's rightists vindications like abortion (on demand or even for severe mental or social anguish or even for foreseen handicap).


If anyone is willing to publish me, I have readers, and I have conditions that are favourable.*** They are meant to give freedom to anyone even beginning to publish and to at the same time allow me to find other publishers (with equal non-exclusivity) to get better sales. You don't have to be able to pay 40 000 € in royalties to me to start the work of republishing on paper aka books.

Hans Georg Lundahl
Paris
Palm Sunday°
28.III.2021

PS, it so happens, I got to see a video with a clip from Wonder woman "you cheated, that is the truth, and truth is all there is, you cannot win, because you are not ready to win, there is no shame in that, only in knowing the truth in your heart and not accepting it". I think people holding me back if any (and yes, I think it is probable) have less excuse than the person speaking to future Wonder Woman. I am a writer since 20 years and I don't plan to switch to super hero, and if I did, that would be impossible for a man with bad sleep and beginning signs of diabetes, perhaps, who's 52. Capes have other uses than to denote such. Like not being too warm when so worn and being warm enough for later when wrapped around you or, in my case, used as the jackets they also are./HGL

* Yes, it exists in English translation. I, Q 74, A 3 is what I link to. ** It also exists in English translation. *** Given here:

New blog on the kid : Conditions, comment les imprimer/how to print them
http://nov9blogg9.blogspot.com/p/conditions-comment-les-imprimerhow-to.html


° Postponed publishing to tomorrow, so as not to make business on a Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment