Wednesday 13 July 2022

If Anyone Thinks Irishmen Only Speak English


If anyone thinks "Irish" (a k a Irish Gaelic) means English as spoken in Ireland (a k a Irish Brogue), take a look and a listen at this video:

"Tha mi ag iarraidh bruidhinn 's a Gàidhlig"
19 avr. 2017 | Criomagan beatha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6fU66a-Go4


And just for the record, no, I should have stated it like : if anyone thinks Gaelic (a k a Scottish Gaelic) means English as spoken in Scotland (a k a Braid Scots), take a look and a listen at this video, already cited, as it is arguably set in Scotland./HGL

PS, I am certainly getting too little sleep, while I don't know either of the two Gaelics, I do know that "I am" is "Tha mi" in Scottish Gaelic and "Táim" in Irish Gaelic!/HGL

No comments:

Post a Comment