Thursday 6 December 2018

Against Morocco Agreement on Migration


Assorted retorts from yahoo boards and elsewhere : Just Promoting This One · New blog on the kid : Against Morocco Agreement on Migration · Has Anyone Stamped Me as Islamophobic?

I had a right to leave Sweden. I would consider it a violation of my rights to be forced back to Sweden.

However, I do not have a right to stay in France longer than France allows me to. I came in during Schengen, which is still an ongoing agreement, but if some in France insist, it may be I don't have a right according to Schengen agreement to stay.

Now, some would want to consider migration, not just emigration from one's own or another country, but immigration to a specific country of one's choice, as a human right. It is not.

It is not a crime to immigrate to a specific country - unless that country makes it a crime, but it is also not a right which no country can take from one.

IF you pretend that immigrating to France is a human right, well, then, suppose 1 million chose to exercise it next month, then 1 million new French are upcoming next month. Whether they know French or not, whether they respect France or not. Or, suppose a country like France can make a delay, tell the one million immigrants to France "wait, we have taken our quota" - then the concept of human right is voided, because it is reduced to something which can be overridden by considerations of administrational expedience.

Don't sign that damn agreement on December 18th, any country!

We do not want nations to lose freedom to immigration, and we do not want the word "human right" to be an extra and optional decoration on normal administration.

Hans Georg Lundahl
Nanterre UL
St. Nicolas
6.XII.2018

I signed this in haste, since only 12 days are left. Nevertheless, I think after getting more information, my judgement on this matter will stand. Here is a video I am watching:

UN Migration Pact: Europe & Ireland
Computing Forever | 30.XI.2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAl2onqFLMs


Update, 8.XII, I have now looked up the document online, except I can't open it on the computers of Nanterre University Library.



Meanwhile, part of my suspicions is that document could also make irregular migration harder, while it is sometimes necessary./HGL

No comments:

Post a Comment