Friday 10 December 2021

Tracing a Misunderstanding, Perhaps?


When I welcomed one Mike Fan (now gone) to my creationist blog, I adressed to him this:

If we get into comments debates on any post you are free to post links to it wherever you like.


This wording is obviously not identic to what I refer to as my general licence:

Did I mention anyone is free to print, sew and sell my essays or any reasonable collection of them (by theme or contrarywise on all different themes)?

Tips for printing out printing arcs correctly as well as sewing are found here and here too and I would appreciate comments to be printed along with essays, except for repeating those that are only link indexes of series.

Links: I would appreciate not just visible text to be printed, but also working links or shortenings of them to be published along.

Any reader is thus my editor/bookseller insofar as he likes.


The former words to Mike Fan were a personal adress to someone of Confucian background that, yes, he was free to share my materials online - to someone of Western background that would have been obvious anyway.

The latter is a non-obvious, to some but not to me even counterintuitive, licence. These two should not be confused. If Mike Fan has some medical connections, it is possible he has in fact contributed to confusing the two. If someone of medical professions saw my welcome, it is possible he did so, and not Mike Fan. Either way, there really is a general licence I have given, that gives you the right to become my publisher, whoever you are.

Obvious exceptions to normal publisher status : you do not get to negotiate content with me, and you do not get monopoly on it./HGL

No comments:

Post a Comment