Saturday 23 February 2019

Remember O'Connor? Sinéad, anyone?


Humans responded all over the world
February 21, 2019 by Fred Clark
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2019/02/21/humans-responded-all-over-the-world/


What was I doing myself, late 1992?

I was not supporting Sinéad. But I was also not attacking her. I was preparing to go to a monastery (vocation cancelled, no eternal vows, not even a normal novitiate, though later, an improvised one "at home" which was interrupted without my becoming a monk), I moved from where I was renting a room to my grandmother, which delayed everything, she died the year after.

And I had taken my distance from "John Paul II" over other things, perhaps not thoroughly enough, but I was hardly in his fan club, even though still kind of recognising him as Pope. Back then.

If I had had the possibilities to back her or let her down, I might have let her down. As I hadn't, I didn't./HGL

No comments:

Post a Comment