Saturday 5 August 2023

To Remind, I am Not a Freemason


There is a black man who often greets me when I go to Georges Pompidou library.

He just passed, said "Hans" and went on.

There is a man who often greets me at the cyber - equally uninterested in actually having a conversation with me (well, at the cyber one usually each wants to get to the computer).

There are people, also highly uninterested in speaking to me about the topics of my blogs over where I have my luggage.

I sometimes get worried some of these people just might be freemasons and just might be using the fact I greet them as occasion to stamp me as one of freemasonry or as a candidate for freemasonry. I am neither.

My mother admired Francisco Franco for at least one thing (I have come to add a few more), namely keeping abortions banned in Spain. She therefore respected his ban on freemasonry. This is the reason why at 15, when I was offered to join a secret society (probably the De Molays, a youth group close to freemasonry), and when I asked my mother, she said no, and I respected that. The guy who made the offer made himself less congenial on other topics of conversation, like his calling Franco's régime Totalitarian or his recommending Evolution and deploring my Fundamentalism.

I have not since then warmed up to Freemasonry. Nor do I intend to do so further on. This was 39, nearly 40 years ago.

I am equally unwilling to change my views in any intention of getting initiated into B'nai B'rith or Communism. Just saying. Oh, goes for all versions of freemasonry, Shriner, Scottish Rite, Grand Lodge, Grand Orient, also goes for Odd Fellows, Templars, Good Templars, also goes for Rosicrucians and Cabbalists./HGL

No comments:

Post a Comment