Wednesday 28 February 2024

Are we in the Last Days?


Assorted retorts from yahoo boards and elsewhere: Mentors and Liars are both Menteurs, in French · New blog on the kid: Are we in the Last Days? · back to: Assorted retorts from yahoo boards and elsewhere: Sins against Prudence, Sins against someone else's Prudence

And as it came to pass in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
[Luke 17:26]

Now the Spirit manifestly saith, that in the last times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to spirits of error, and doctrines of devils, Speaking lies in hypocrisy, and having their conscience seared, Forbidding to marry, to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving by the faithful, and by them that have known the truth
[1 Timothy 4:1—3]

And Enos lived ninety years, and begot Cainan
[Genesis 5:9]

And all the days of Lamech came to seven hundred and seventy-seven years, and he died. And Noe, when he was five hundred years old, begot Sem, Cham, and Japheth
[Genesis 5:31]

I seem to come across people who wish to mentor me. They all seem to agree, I'm not ready for marriage. They all seem to agree, I need to eat more meat. And at 55, I get a feeling, they would prefer letting me too wait till I was 500 before I can have wife and children. This modernity is probably what was going on in ...

And the earth was corrupted before God, and was filled with iniquity
[Genesis 6:11]

But the next time, it won't be water./HGL

1 comment: