Sunday 5 May 2024

Japan Went the Wrong Way


Assorted Retorts: Rise of Loneliness · Mormons and Muslims Have Similarities · Yes, Christianity Traditionally Permits 12 Year Old Women to Marry — No, Not Three Year Old Girls · Let's Hope Alicia Hernandez is Not Around Where I Am · Brett, Formerly Miss Cooper, Had Some Things to Say · New blog on the kid: Japan Went the Wrong Way

Some years ago, minimum age of consent for sexual acts was 13, minimum age for a man to marry was 18, minimum age for a woman to marry was 16 with parental consent.

Recently, the age of consent for sexual acts was raised to 16, and apparently also the female marital age to 18.

One should instead have lowered the ages of marriage so they coincided with the age of sexual consent.

Male, 16 with parental consent, or as low as 13 if he gets a girl pregnant.

Female, 13 with parental consent, or even lower if she gets pregnant.

And abortion should have been forbidden, contraceptives forbidden or at least left unsponsored from now on, at least contraceptives like pills or sterilettes should be forbidden, since they are causing very early abortions, as well as non-fertilisation of ova.

Some may pretend I feel this way because of my love for manga. I feel this way because I have been a teacher to girls who would have been better off married, not all of them necessarily my style. It was a short while, I ended up falling in love with one of my expupils in an effort to fall out of love with two* other ones, and it didn't work out, and the reaction went ballistic over my liberties, but even if I had hooked up with one of the two teachers that replaced me in 1996 (yes, I was in love with both, and both were Catholics), I'd feel the same about the principle.

Hans Georg Lundahl
Paris
V Lord's Day after Easter
5/V.2024

* First one, I thought too young at 13, I did not know the Church Laws from before 1983 and 1917, second was 14, as the minimal age required, since 1917, but her parents were Atheist and Left leaning, I was afraid they would overreact. Instead it was the supposedly Christian and Conservative parents of girl 3, whom I decided to chose among these, that overreacted and ... well, made some contribution to ruin my life for some time. In either of the cases, I intended (if the feelings had been recriprocated) to do some effort to stay minimally legal in Sweden, get an exception when the girl was 15, and then honourably marry. From her reaction and some other reactions, I think some suspected some very different plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment