Monday 23 September 2024

If Some Idiot Pretends it was Irresponsible of Me to Go the Camino de Santiago in 2004


New blog on the kid: If Some Idiot Pretends it was Irresponsible of Me to Go the Camino de Santiago in 2004 · Where are the Homeless in Poland? · I'm Not Likely to Admit I Need a Certain Type of Help · Assorted retorts from yahoo boards and elsewhere: I Do Not Intend to do AA or Similar ...



It was probably the best thing I could do the first year as a homeless man.

It has probably saved my life to have reached Santiago, both mentally and socially.

And if some Protestant crook pretends that "we don't need to go to Santiago to earn our salvation," that was simply not the issue. I was trying to make up for one particular sin, and asking a favour. Not trying to fix my salvation in any broader sense than that./HGL

PS, checking on last deaths, article in June, one was at Zuriáin (also before Pamplona), one was Erro (also before Pamplona), one was Roncesvalles (very obviously known by everyone to be before Pamplona). Here is the article:

Muere otro peregrino en el tramo navarro del Camino de Santiago
07 de junio de 2024 - 18:33 (Actualizado: 07 de junio de 2024 - 18:36)
https://www.telemadrid.es/noticias/sociedad/Muere-otro-peregrino-en-el-tramo-navarro-del-Camino-de-Santiago-0-2676932320--20240607063316.html


PPS, considering the number of readers that regularly come from Hong Kong or Singapore, I note "there is no hitch-hiking culture in China" ... the hitch-hiking parts of my trip was not in China, it was in Europe, and Western Europe certainly has a hitch-hiking culture, even if Germany seems to have lost it .../HGL

PPPS, for those who know French but not what I am talking about, here is the story in five blogs (I originally hoped to have 17 posts per blog all visible at start page), their index posts: La première cinquième, seconde ou deuxième cinquième, troisième cinquième, quatrième cinquième, et la cinquième cinquième du pèlerinage.

No comments:

Post a Comment