Monday 25 March 2024

Traditional Publishing Does Not Mean Already Existing Publishing Houses


New blog on the kid: Traditional Publishing Does Not Mean Already Existing Publishing Houses · Assorted retorts from yahoo boards and elsewhere: Does This Writer Read?

Publishing houses can be founded. They are, thank God, not a government department. If you have your freedoms as an adult or can get a parent to sign, if you have no huge debts and a moderate sum of money or can get that together with others, you are able to start a publishing company.

I am doing my writing for two kinds of publishing.

  • I self publish the online version for free, it's called blogs
  • I try to get someone to start a publishing house.


I am flooded with speculations like:

  • are your blogs monetised?
  • why don't you self publish on Amazon?


But worst, I am surrounded by people who seem to think "if you really want to do this, you should take all the risks, yourself, rely on no one else" ...

A fledgling publishing company can spread their risks. They do not need to put all their eggs in the one basket "HGL."

They can also start small, make test balloons, avoid accumulating debts, make a small investment at first and if it pays use that to make a bigger one.

My number one problem in life is people who, always eager to find some fault with me, are always ready to answer politely, always ready to listen to what I want, always ready to suggest something else instead, whether it's directly, or when ghosting they make sure I get video prompts.

There is exactly one thing I do, that is write. There is exactly one thing that should be done to get me into print, that is start a publishing house (unless a small, Catholic probably, already extant one is willing — or even then). And there is exactly one type of people who make sure this doesn't happen. People who think I have not really thought it through, they can think my business better for me than I can. I have a bit too many of those in my life. By the way, those who interact with me are perhaps just the second problem, the first one are people coordinating them.

The kind of people that the telephone game is really a legitimate parody about. Check how Joseph Foster answers Melissa B:

Assorted retorts from yahoo boards and elsewhere: A Follow Up After Josef G. Mitterer? Presenting Joseph Foster ...
https://assortedretorts.blogspot.com/2024/03/a-follow-up-after-josef-g-mitterer.html


The section I talk about starts here (and Melissa B is actually a fairly clever word play, melissa being Greek for bee), if you see the image, where there is a bold ij in the left wing of the text field:



Read it. People with those kinds of speculations about me are hindering quite a lot.

Hans Georg Lundahl
Paris
Palm Sunday to
publish next day
24—25.III.2024

Apologetics Blogs · Main Blogs · Debate blogs · Philological and Language Blogs · Artsy Blogs · Autobiographical Blogs (2 from 7 are 13 +) · Small blogs

1 comment: