Saturday 22 February 2020

Preparing a Response to Claims on Italian Fascism 22 - 36


Contacted a certain Pavan Ilaria Pavan, and while preparing the email, the session, here at Georges Pompidou Library, was cut off, with a message it was being cut off for "abusive activity".

Saying Italian Fascism was pretty OK 22 to 36 would normally not be insulting to for instance Jews or any other ethnic group.

The Carta della Razza, from which I have more than once taken vehement distance, was in 1938.

So, Ilaria Pavan claims, what was happening 22 to 36 should still have warned Jews to leave.

She is cited by someone else, and her own paper I could not access. I sent her a mail asking if it and especially how it was in her opinion that bad. What certain very general enumerations of areas in the paper citing her actually mean.

Stating candidly "I never called myself Fascist before reading of the Mayor of Assisi" - she would know perfectly well he helped Fr. Ruffino Niccacci save Jews and he was a first hour Fascist - can not in any way, shape or form be taken as incitation to hatred againt Jews, very much the contrary, and with my Marrano background, except it's Nordic, such a thing would be inappropriate too.

However, some Jews over here seem to get collectively hysteric about my favourable view of early Fascism. Hence they may have taken my adressing this letter or Professor Pavan as an insult to her. They are also regularly not well read on topics like early Italian Fascism or like the Mayor of Assisi - but I have some confidence Professor Pavan is.

So, their hysteria could have led to the shutting down of a session, with results for which I asked Professor Pavan to excuse me.

Or, some security guard who is not a Jew. Or ... but this would not be possible, since I just wrote "Fascist" without the session shutting down ... automated shut down for use of that word. I think that can be eliminated, since lots of antifascists use it too and are arguably not censored over here.

Hans Georg Lundahl
Bpi, Georges Pompidou
Cathedra of St. Peter
in Antioch
22.II.2020

Antiochiae Cathedra sancti Petri Apostoli, ubi primum discipuli cognominati sunt Christiani.

In Antioch, Cathedra of St. Peter Apostle, where first the disciples were called Christians.

No comments:

Post a Comment