Sunday 9 July 2023

Lizzie's Answers takes on Alcohol


Catholic view of Alcohol! | When it can become a mortal sin
LizziesAnswers, 8 July 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRMEFqUV2Qk


0:53 I thought St. Gambrinus was the patron saint of brewers (and by extension of my grandfather, when he was at work)?

Augustine of Hippo?

6:22 On a country road in certain parts of Ireland, where cars drive slow and not meet very often, I don't think taking a beer before the last part of the ride is endangering anyone's life.

In defense of a man I hitchhiked with in 1986 - the same trip to Ireland where I also bought a folder on the Rosary for my upcoming conversion (received in 1988, before Monsignor Lefebvre was declared automatically excommunicated, and by a priest who approved of him "except for the lack of obedience" - he used the Novus Ordo).

No comments:

Post a Comment