Thursday 18 April 2024

I thought I had been wrong about the feast of St. Joseph ...


Was it translated from 19th of March this year, for instance to 17th April or was it then, in March?

Does it vary between New Rite and Traditional Rite, as per First Passion Week?

I thought it was 19th March on 19th March.



Then, yesterday, I had an email from a Catholic Newsletter.

It said it was the feast of St. Joseph.

I believed it, not because I ignored that the feast is usually on March 19th, but because I, a) first checked that it was not another feast of St. Joseph I didn't know about, b) as it wasn't, concluded that the feast had been delayed and translated to yesterday because of March 19th falling in First Passion Week.



You see, in the traditional rite, First Passion Week tends to be not quite as rigorous as Holy Week, but nearly.

So, I'm not sure what exactly happened this year, but I guess it's better to celebrate St. Joseph once too many over once too few ...

Here is a screenshot of the e-mail:



I just photoshopped some text parts of the screen into a narrower space. That's about my level of photoshop./HGL

No comments:

Post a Comment