Wednesday 30 May 2018

Some are Spamming Where I Comment?


That some spam my own posts is indirectly documented by the collection of posts which I have called Spammer's choice. My point is not that my own posts are spam, it is that they have attracted spammers.

So have from time to time the posts under which I have commented, here is one such post:

The TOF Spot : 1. The Great Ptolemaic Smackdown
http://tofspot.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-great-ptolemaic-smackdown.html


And here is the spam I saw under it - and under my own, non-spam, comment:

[Click to enlarge before reading]



And just so you know it is spam, nothing to do with the actual post and its content, well, for one it is in Arabic, while the post is in English and all other comments (including mine) are in English, for another here is a translation of what it means:



I am not saying the translation is perfect, but it is fairly clear that the content is related to a company dealing in sewers, not to the astronomy of Ptolemy, Tycho Brahe and later. Which content is the object of the post. A more general subject is the Galileo case (in fact, TOF Spot was placing the Galileo case in a logically more general subject as history of astronomy, but the Galileo case is more generally accessed and often run parallel to ...) an even more general subject therefore relation of religion and science. My own comment above that Arabic spammer is the second of two.

I'll give a transscript of both comments, so their relevance to original post by TOF Spot can be shown:

Hans Georg Lundahl
October 24, 2017 at 5:38 AM
It seems your friend Mark Shea is rerunning this on his blog today.

As to its being 6021:st anniversary of the Universe, like he says, in the times of Father Martino Martini, SJ, the Ussher chronology was considered an innovation. It was popular among Catholics because it agrees with the Vulgate, while the Roman Martyrology does not. But as it was an innovation and in conflict with Roman Martyrology, it could not be canonised.

He took a cue from Chinese history as saying it worked totally well with LXX (supposing the Chinese came there before Babel), and not too bad with Roman Martyrology (indeed, if the 2952 BC for Fu Xi beginning his reign is taken as in Roman Martyrology, rather than either preferring Syncellus' version of LXX or considering that Chinese chronology inflated, then Fu Xi would need to be a son or grandson of Noah - like Ham setting up a "summer house" in China or some grandson of Noah getting born).

If you have any desire to see my own take on this (close enough to Father Martini's, Jesuit friend as I am, previous to Settele or so), [click - > ] here is my own post [ < - click]

Hans Georg Lundahl
October 24, 2017 at 5:44 AM
[This is the one you see on the image:]
Oh, btw, since Mark Shea also finished the rerun by a diatribe against "greatest Catholics of all times" "anointed to defend the Church from Pope and Magisterium", I made [click - > ] another post [ < - click] with some comments on how Bergoglio's words from 2014 fare if compared to Pius XII supposing he was Pope and Humani Generis, supposing it was Magisterium.


I see only a slight grammar check to modify on these comments.

I wrote
... with some comments on how Bergoglio's words from 2014 fare if compared to Pius XII supposing he was Pope and Humani Generis, supposing it was Magisterium.

I should have written
... with some comments on how Bergoglio's words from 2014 fare if compared to Pius XII, supposing he was Pope, and to Humani Generis, supposing it was Magisterium.


The general outline is "if compared to Pius XII and Humani Generis" and the inserted reservations should have been both, not just the latter one, separated by commas. Also when Humani Generis is coming after such an insertion, one should add a "to" in order to remind we are dealing with "compared to".

I write things on topics I like, spammers spam off topic and sometimes in Arabic. Someone else writes on a topic I like, I comment, and in comes a spammer commenting off topic. It would seem some are trying to degrade what I am doing. And if you think of that, it would seem to imply that what I am doing is not sufficiently low to please those who want me to be low ... since companies dealing with sewers have been recurrent, they might try to imply I should take a job working with sewers. I have a preference for writing.

Now, one can wonder whether the reason for their ire is, yesterday, when I dealt with the result of the referendum, I also suggested that the idea of allowing foreigners to vote to the Dáil Eireann was a bad one. And that idea is a bit nationalistic, right, for a nation in the West, right?

I am in fact less well disposed to Muslim immigrants in the West than I was in 2005 when I arrived in France as a homeless man (I am still homeless). This does not mean my ideas on how to deal with the issue has changed. I thought reducing immigration and removing from key posts was a good idea then, I think it is a good idea now. I thought foisting Western modernity galore (by forbidding the veil or forcing public school with teachers that are sometimes anti-Muslim and even when not anti-Fundamentalist) was a bad idea then, and I think it is a bad idea now.

Hans Georg Lundahl
Nanterre University Library
Pope St. Felix I, Martyr
30.V.2018

Tertio Kalendas Junii. Sancti Felicis Primi, Papae et Martyris, cujus dies natalis tertio Kalendas Januarii recensetur. Tertio Kalendas Januarii. Romae natalis sancti Felicis Primi, Papae et Martyris, qui sub Aureliano Principe Ecclesiam rexit. Ipsius tamen festum tertio Kalendas Junii celebratur. (Pope Felix I (died 30 December 274) was the Bishop of Rome or Pope from 5 January 269 to his death in 274.)

PS, since I promoted one by TOF Spot from 2013, I can promote another one from this year:

The TOF Spot : Hillbilly Thomism
http://tofspot.blogspot.com/2018/04/hillbilly-thomism.html

No comments:

Post a Comment