Thursday 19 October 2023

Ahmed Yassin died by an Israeli Terrorist Attack (or not? see update)


I may have gotten him wrong, but if he had been alive, I don't think he would have allowed the attacks on October 7th.

Hamas was never my allegiance, but he was a man I respected.

If you want to know why, learn Swedish and get a relevant copy of Borås Tidning from 1998. They interviewed him, obviously not in Swedish, perhaps English, perhaps French, perhaps Arabic.

Maybe they are willing to give the original text.

I don't agree with his position. He was a Muslim, and I am a Catholic. But I agree with his moderate support of things everyone else was either calling "martyrs" (key point—he wasn't, not in that interview at least) or "terrorists" ...

I don't know in detail how the suicide bombings were done in his day, he called them self defense, and I hoped they didn't just target civilians. But he said he was not sure the suicide bombers were going to Heaven. I think, for people who are willing to kill innocent people at a party, or kill maybe 466~467 civilians for each Hamas man they bring down, both are fairly likely not to see heaven./HGL

Update:

I think I did get him wrong, if this video is correct, see below. It seems he was targetting settlers, not soldiers. Samson also targetted invading settlers, but by burning fields and killing thugs. Not by whole sale killings of civilian Philistines, up to when he killed the men torturing him.

Israel Gaza War: The Man That Created Hamas | If You’re Listening
ABC News In-depth, 20 Oct. 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYJFHtTYc0g


Either way, I was ill at ease when hearing his successors. They seemed clearly less moderate than I had considered him as being, after that interview./HGL

Update 2:

It seems settlers have been killing civilians. A suicide bomb among settlers would however also risk hitting women and children.

Watch Israel Hypocrisy DESTROYED By US-Palestinian Writer
Owen Jones, 20 Oct. 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE5joFegYwA

No comments:

Post a Comment