- 1) Mahound's Paradise : James Carroll (Yes THAT James Carroll) Pens the Best Analysis Yet of Amoris Laetitia and It's Relation to Post Vatican II Catholicism
- 2) Ten Reasons for the Marriage Mess
April 10, 2016 by Fr. Dwight Longenecker
on Standing on My Head
- 3) Abbey Roads : A priest comments on Amoris Laetitia ...
- 4) the the bones that you have crushed may thrill : The Ambiguity of the Amoris Laetitia Reveals Far More than it Conceals
- 5) Vox Cantoris : Pope Francis and his poison!
- 6) TIA seems not yet to have commented.
- 7) Dito for DICI.org
- 8) FromRome : This ‘Amoris Laetitia’ cannot be tolerated in silence
Apr9 by The Editor
What many have not noticed is that the entire argument advanced in Amoris Laetitia presupposes that Ecclesiastical Tradition is merely a human hand-me-down, left over from a darker more puritanical age, and that it does not come from Christ nor was it faithful to the Apostolic Preaching.
For this reason, one must say with many others that this document is in toto, heretical. That is represents, from even a brief study of the history of the Pontificate of Cardinal Bergoglio, a manifest and pertinacious attack upon the Church and denial of revealed truths.
It is exceedingly pertinacious, since the Pope received the corrections of numbers of theologians formally and informally, yet still published it.
- 9) The Eponymous Flower : "Revolution" Amoris Laetitia: the -- "Pastoral Realignment" of the Church
Methodology of the imprecise wording
Is the result of the Synod as outlandish as they had expected it? Ultimately, yes. It did, as several high church officials, including Curial Archbishop Georg Gänswein, assured, not come to a startling break. Yet one can clearly deduce the fracture on closer inspection of the details. Therein lies the confirmation of expectations. The changes, the "revolution", the "revolutionary change" (words of Cardinal Kasper) happens when it happens, subtle in inaccurate word sausage formulations. In this respect therefore, there is nothing new under the sun. The method used already on the Second Vatican Council, to dissolve the clarity in the obscurity of the wording, will be continued. The Jesuit Karl Rahner, whose Jesuit brother is the reigning pope, found t language methodology as downright brilliant because it ultimately always allowed whatever reading or interpretation was wanted.
It is the method that revolutionaries, who lack the majority or the armies, wish to impose its will directly and quickly. It is even more the technique of pseudo-revolutionaries who do have radical ideas, but where the final drive is missing, in openly professing the Revolution. The popular theology, whose representative Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina was, and his rejection of the armed struggle of his confreres for Marxist liberation theology offers several approaches to understanding this pontificate.
Utterly irritating, though it was mentioned only in passing, is the largely uncritical "yes, to sex education", pronounced by Pope Francis. Given the experience of school sex education and government "education campaigns", given that the gender ideology wants school sex education to put their stamp on a massive scale, given the appropriate "curricula" of Baden-Württemberg, Vienna or Bavaria, to name just a few, it's a wonder just what "reality" the Pope and his ghostwriter have in mind on this issue.
- 10) Myself? With Vox Cantoris, with Eponymous Flower, with FromRome. So far, though I have not actually read it. But I would be surprised if all having read it were wrong on it offering for divorced and remarried a solution which I cannot consider Catholic. Also, if Rahner, Schönborn and Kasper are for it, I would be surprised if it were good. This is why I am not making a blog post of my own on the matter.
- Fatima - Bad News and Good News - the latter provi...
- Panthéisme ? Non. Trinité ? Oui.
- Do not support World Childhood Foundation!
- Hans-Georg Gadamer was of the "Frankfurter Schule"...
- A Relevant Quote from J. R. R. Tolkien
- Sur le concept de l'ésotérique et sur les sociétés secrètes
- In Case Someone Thinks I am Preaching ...
- Would Gay Marriage Allow them an Authentic Life?
- Malfaisance de "Sécurité"
- Have I Done Ill Speaking Against the Real Pope a F...
- Drodzy Polacy - i Rosjanie itd.
- Vatican in Exile : Calendar and Marian Anthems
- Code ASCII et James Bond