Tuesday 27 June 2017

Trump and Scalise


I heard a tirade by an US citizen on vacation in Paris about how Donald Trump could do nothing to end abortion.

Legislation being Congress, not President.

I had been somewhat confused on that issue, since in Sweden legislation used to be parted between King and Riksdag. As were declarations of wars. Taxation was Riksdag only, administration, including justice, King only. So, Trump cannot make a law to outlaw abortion.

But Scalise can vote such a law, I heard he was shot in the hip, and hope he is recovering or has recovered now.

I am glad, from this video, to know that Trump is at least also a personal friend of Scalise:

MOMENTS AFTER OTTO WARMBIER DIED, TRUMP SENT THIS BRUTAL MESSAGE TO NORTH KOREA
The Next News Network
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik7LUQ-yAFE


Otto, if you are in Heaven you will know, his family, I can tell you my parents were drinking warm beer (etymology of your family name) in Warszaw within hours of probably making me.

I recommend you to take a Pilsner Urquell, heat it until it first foams, then ceases to foam, and serve when it starts foaming again. That is how I like warm beer, and next time I drink some, I'll toast to the memory of Otto.

I hope, unless I forget ...

Hans Georg Lundahl
Nanterre UL
St Crescens of Galatia*
27.VI.2017

* In Galatia sancti Crescentis, qui fuit beati Pauli Apostoli discipulus. Hic, in Gallias transitum faciens, verbo praedicationis multos ad fidem Christi convertit; regressus vero ad gentem cui specialiter datus erat Episcopus, demum, sub Trajano, cum Galatas ipsos usque ad finem vitae suae in opere Damini confirmasset, martyrium consummavit.

No comments:

Post a Comment