Friday 19 July 2024

He or She Didn't Mean Youtube, I Presume


He or She Didn't Mean Youtube, I Presume · I Don't Militate For Closing the Borders of Europe, But I Don't Militate Against It

I had made an answer on Quora about constructing languages (and the link would be useful even for the purpose of language comparison).

Bastia Mars
Wed 17.VII.2024
Dear YT. HOW can u be proud of you and your HISTORIC ACTIONS. 😮😮😮😮😮😮you all have destroyed all countries and human beings . All YT do is destroyed great work 😢😢😢😢😢😢😢. Thanks

Hans-Georg Lundahl
Thu 18.VII.2024
I don’t even know what YT is.

Nor what it has to do with constructing languages!


I came to think, could it mean "white"?

YT Meaning on TikTok—New Slang Word for 'White People' Sparks Confusion
Published May 20, 2021 at 5:15 AM EDT, Updated at 12:28 PM EDT, By Kate Fowler, Internet Culture & Trends Reporter
https://www.newsweek.com/tiktok-yt-slang-white-people-trend-race-relations-1593159


Bingo.

The accusation is pretty hefty. Ashanti Kingdoms had slavery and human sacrifice before Brits arrived. Azteks and Peruvians too. And how it works about countries where everyone historically is white anyway is a mystery.

I'm not saying Black People or Yellow People or even Oriental People who think they qualify as non-white are bad people. But I am saying, if I read this comment right, some people are trying to manipulate them to be worse in their relation to White Europeans. I can understand why non-White people in European countries can feel a need to solidarity within their group. I don't see why this solidarity would need to demonise White Europeans.

Nor do I think heavy handed attempts at domination would be the right response./HGL

No comments:

Post a Comment