Saturday 27 July 2024

I Wasn't at the Opening Ceremony, Thank God!


Here is what Dr. Gavin Ashenden has to say on it:

The opening Olympics ceremony tells us they are afraid of Catholicism
Dr G Ashenden | 27 July 2024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G_ZhVoLpm8


Here is a reason I learned before it was:

Rivarol N°3621 wrote on Coubertin:

Il écrit dans ses Mémoires : « Dès les premiers jours, j’étais un colonialiste fanatique… Les races sont de valeur différente, et à la race blanche, d’essence supérieure, toutes les autres doivent faire allégeance. »


He wrote in his Mémoires: From the first days, I was a fanatic colonialist... The races have different worth, and to the white race, essentially superior, all the others ought to / must make allegiance.

I heartily disagree. If the territory known today as Viêt Nam owed any allegiance to France, it was not because they are sliteyed and French white, but because Buddhists from the area attacked and France defended Catholics.

There is even more. I was to horse races once and to a match of a certain sport I don't name on this blog* (that's part of the publicity I make for it) twice in my life. Why stand out in the rain for an event I don't relish that much?

After what I heard from Gavin Ashenden (or rather read on the subtitles, I don't have hearphones on this library), I'm very relieved that I was not a huge sports fan and didn't go to the opening ceremony.

Theoretically, he and Anthony Stine could have decided to band up to pull my leg, but knowing their characters, I think that's totally excluded. ¡Viva Cristo Rey!
/HGL

PS, I found added horror when looking at Le Monde:

une représentation de Marie-Antoinette décapitée sur fond de musique métal


I am reminded that the idea of decapitation and putting heads on pikes was, in Tolkien, reserved for the evil Orcs ... he probably found the French Revolution somewhat incarnated the traits he sublimated to the description of that accursed race, though he also reminded that in real life, no such race exists./HGL

* Let's put it like this: the ball is not shaped like a rugby ball ... Asterix managed to make rugby entertaining, in 1965—66.

No comments:

Post a Comment