I heard the melody often as a child, in periods.
I recall the first phrase of text, which is repeated three times over. But I have not learned Hebrew, I do not know exactly what it stands for without looking up.
Now, I did look up.
I thought "hava" might be the same word as the Latin version "ave(te)" and the words of the translation seem close enough to Greek χαιρε(τε).
But was the Balfour declaration a good thing? Nevertheless, the British victory may have been a good thing.*
Under one recording of the song, I found a reminder about Palestinians. And I was also reminded of Our Lady's words at Fatima - not to rejoice in public. Russia is not yet consecrated to her immaculate heart by all the bishops of the world in union with Pope Michael.
Wiki : Hava Nagila
When I went away, I did not do so with a curse, nor with a blessing in my heart, but with a "wait a minute, I have to check".
Mother told me to check things before I went enthusiastic about them.
Hans Georg Lundahl
St Bernardine of Siena
PS: Note, my mother was and is a Christian, and back then the kind of Christian Protestant who was a bit carefree about Judaism. I am not that, though I am a Christian too./HGL
* THE NEW JERUSALEM : by G. K. CHESTERTON
CHAPTER XI : THE MEANING OF THE CRUSADE
Mormonism : by G K Chesterton
from Uses of Diversity 1921
PS 2, aus der Wikipädie: Es ist ein Lied der Feier, sehr beliebt im Judentum und in Roma-Gemeinden.
Well, if Gipsies use it, it should be OK./HGL
- Fatima - Bad News and Good News - the latter provi...
- Panthéisme ? Non. Trinité ? Oui.
- Do not support World Childhood Foundation!
- Hans-Georg Gadamer was of the "Frankfurter Schule"? - get Inklings for me please!
- A Relevant Quote from J. R. R. Tolkien
- Sur le concept de l'ésotérique et sur les sociétés secrètes
- In Case Someone Thinks I am Preaching ...
- Would Gay Marriage Allow them an Authentic Life?
- Malfaisance de "Sécurité"
- Have I Done Ill Speaking Against the Real Pope a F...
- Drodzy Polacy - i Rosjanie itd.
- Vatican in Exile : Calendar and Marian Anthems
- Code ASCII et James Bond